Meet Culpeper & King George Optometrist, Dr. Miles Press
Dr. Press is an Optometrist in Culpeper & King George providing complete eye care services for the surrounding communities.
Dr. Miles Press
As a licensed optometrist, Dr. Press provides exams, diagnoses, and treatments of all disorders that affect the eye or vision. In addition to training in eye diseases and disorders, Dr. Press is also trained in anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology. With this background, Dr. Press is trained to recognize a range of health issues; such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, and hypertension.
Dr. Press works hard to stay current on the latest advances in eye health and vision care and regularly attends continuing education seminars and advanced training courses. It is because of Dr. Press's dedication to continuing education that our Culpeper patients receive the most modern and progressive vision care available.
- Graduated 1971, New England College of Optometry - Boston, MA.
- Licensed by the state of Virginia - practice Optometry.
- Born in Harrisburg, PA.
- 1971 to 1973 - Military Service - Stationed at Eglin Air Force Base - Florida.. Rank: Captain, worked for the Flight Surgeon's office. Responsible for sight and eye wellness of 10,000 civilian and military individuals.
- 1973 to 1977 - Private Practice, Virginia Beach, VA.
- 1977 to 1980 - Private Practice, Bristol, VA.
- 1980 to 1986 - Started a contact lens company, CTL, Inc. Sold in 1986 to Ciba Vision.
- 1987 to 2013 - Currently practicing in Virginia.
- Have served as a clinical investigator to Ciba Vision and Bausch & Lomb
Areas of Interest:
- Vision with a Purpose
- Local Community Service
- Donating my time providing vision care and glasses in Peru, South America.
- Gourmet Cooking (Next time you are in - Ask for a recipe.)
Things I want to do:
- Make a difference in the future of the world's vision.
Memberships & Groups:
- VISION with a purpose - Manassas,VA., VP of Medical Affairs
- Lion's Club (active supporter & affiliated, not a member)