What Causes Myopia?
Myopia is on the rise – in its frequency and its severity. The reason for its escalation has been linked to two factors:
Kids with one or two myopic parents are more likely to be myopic.
Spending more time on activities like reading or using handheld devices instead of spending time outdoors increases the likelihood of becoming myopic.
We’re certified to prescribe Brilliant Futures™ with MiSight® 1 day contact lenses.
What Is Myopia?
Myopia is a common eye condition. It’s most frequent symptom is nearsightedness, or the inability to see objects clearly at a distance. The reason objects are blurry in the distance with nearsightedness is because the eye becomes longer as the child grows.
A Growing Crisis
In the early 1970s, only 25% of Americans were nearsighted. Today, more than 40% of Americans are nearsighted, and that number is increasing at an alarming rate, especially among school-age children.
Together, we can manage Myopia
More than just vision correction, myopia management with MiSight® 1 day contact lenses can help keep your child’s future brilliant.
MiSight® 1 day contact lenses:
• Correct distance vision immediately
• Can slow myopia progression during the growing years
• Provide a comfortable experience
• Allow you to avoid the worry of losing or breaking glasses
• Accommodate a more active lifestyle
• Children who wear contact lenses have significantly better quality of life than kids wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance11